Our General and Private Party Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the website and any use and/or purchase of goods and services offered by Champainting Pty Ltd and any of its related companies (hereunder ‘US’, ‘OUR’ or ‘WE’). By accessing this website you agree to comply with these terms and conditions. You warrant that you have the ability to enter into transactions directly with US and by making a request through the website you also warrant to US that you are at least 18 years of age.
General Terms and Conditions
All content on this website is property owned by US. This includes graphics, logos, images, text and website design. Therefore, any unauthorised use of them is strictly prohibited and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
All pricing is in Australian dollars and GST applies. WE have the discretion to change prices with or without notice to you. All credit cards, debit cards and cash transactions are charged in Australian dollars. All goods and services listed on the website, their information and prices are each subject to change. WE reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the provision and/or sale of any goods or services with or without notice to you.
WE will make every effort to deliver OUR services to you, as promised.
On occasion however, the commencement of a session may be delayed due to circumstances beyond OUR control or unforeseen by US, partly or wholly.
It remains OUR sole discretion to decide whether a session will commence, albeit late, or whether to cancel it altogether. If WE elect to cancel a session, whether it be prior to the schedule starting time or after, WE will notify you as soon as practicably possible. Where WE choose to cancel a session, WE will provide you with a credit to the value of your purchase or WE will refund your monies to you in the same manner is you made your booking. Please refer to the terms and conditions of OUR Cancellation Policy.
WE reserve OUR right to change the artist hosting any session.
You acknowledge that WE may take photographs and videography of the sessions, which may record images of you at the session. By booking and attending a session, you expressly and impliedly authorise and permit US to use any recordings WE make, which may include images of you, for the promotion and advertising of OUR business. You agree that all recordings of any nature shall become OUR property and WE may use the recordings for promotional and advertising purposes for OUR benefit at OUR sole discretion. You also agree that WE may modify the recordings as WE see fit for OUR purpose.
If you do not wish for US to record your image WE ask that you notify US no later than at the starting time of the session.
Promotional and discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise noted by US.
In no event shall WE be liable to you or any third party for any loss or profit or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising from or under, related to or connected with your use of the website or OUR services. Accessing and using the website and goods and services offered by US are at your own discretion and risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, mobile device or other electronic device or loss of data resulting therefrom. WE act to the best of OUR ability to ensure that the content of the website, including all information and listings are correct, but it is subject to change at any time and without notice to you. To the extent permitted by law, WE disclaim all liability for any errors, omissions or misleading information. You agree to make your own evaluation of the suitability, accuracy and completeness of any information, advice or other content that is available on the website before you rely upon it. As a condition of use of the website, you agree to indemnify US from and against any and all liability, damage and loss whatsoever that WE incur or suffer as a result of any action, inaction or omission on your part.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, WE disclaim any warranties, assurances or promises, express or implied, regarding the website and any goods and services or facility it provides.
Where goods and/or services are provided to you by a third party at a session (such as the provision of food or drink to you by a bar or restaurant at OUR studio or a session held at a third party venue), you acknowledge and agree to hold US harmless and to indemnify US against any injury, damage or loss you may suffer whatsoever arising from or under, related to or connected with the provision of the third party goods and services to you.
You agree that you shall only consume alcohol during our public sessions and private events if you are over the age of 18 years. You may require suitable identification to prove your age. If we believe that you are under the age of 18 years and you intend to consume or have consumed alcohol during OUR public sessions or private events, WE have the right to ask to leave without compensation. Guests will not be permitted into any of OUR studios or participate in any off-site public session or private event if you are intoxicated or WE believe you are intoxicated.
Read OUR Cancellation Policy.
9 Year Anniversary
This Trade Promotion is run by Champainting Pty Ltd (ABN 63167208791) (hereunder “promotion”):
- This promotion is open to Australian residents 18 years of age and older residing in Victoria or New South Wales.
- To enter this promotion an entrant must locate a hidden egg on OUR homepage and/or subpages (www.champainting.com.au) and enter their details in the relevant draw through the signup process. There are multiple prize draws for different prizes. To be eligible for all the prizes, the entrant must locate and sign up for each prize pool. By signing up to any OUR draws, the entrant agrees to participate in the promotion and agrees to its terms and conditions set out herein.
- WE reserve the right to revise or cancel the promotion and/or its terms and conditions without notice in the instance of a force majeure event (being an event beyond or outside OUR control). WE will notify entrants of any revision or cancellation of the promotion as soon as reasonably possible via a notice on OUR website.
- The promotion begins on 24 February, 2022 and ends at 11.59am on 14 April, 2022. Entries will be accepted up until the end of the promotion.
- All draws will be drawn on 14 April, 2022 upon the end of the promotion and the winning entrants (hereunder “winner” or “winners”) will be announced at 5.00pm 17 April, 2022 across OUR social media platforms. The name and state of each winner will be announced. Each winner will also be notified via email on 19 April, 2022 using the email address they used to enter the relevant draw(s). Entrants should not assume they are a winner until they receive notification via email from US thereby avoiding instances where multiple entrants have the same name and reside in the same state of a drawn winner.
- Winners of tangible prizes are required to collect their prize(s) from US within 28 days of US announcing them as a winner on OUR social media platform. Winners failing to collect their prize(s) within this period shall be deemed to have abandoned their prize(s) and thereby forfeiting all rights and entitlements to same.
- Including instant prizes plus prizes to be won in a draw, the total prize pool is valued over $13,500 with no more than $10,000 being available to be won by entrants in either state as some prizes are state specific whilst there is only one prize available to be won in particular draws by entrants from either state.
- Prizes, tangible or otherwise, are not redeemable for cash or credit, are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. If in the instance of any loss or damage to a tangible prize, WE reserve the right to substitute such prize with another of equivalent value.
- If a winner fails to inform US in writing, within seven (7) days of US emailing them, of their acceptance of their prize(s), it shall be deemed that the winner does not intend on collecting the prize(s), irrespective if the prize(s) is/are tangible or intangible, thereby forfeiting their rights and entitlements to same. WE reserve the right to redraw the relevant draw(s) and identify a replacement winner. The replacement winner will be notified in the same manner as described in enumerated point 5 within one (1) week of the redraw.
- By entering a prize draw the entrant agrees to be placed on a mailing list for the purpose of advertising and marketing by US. Then entrant will have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- By entering this promotion, an entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- WE accept no responsibility for entries not received by US for whatever reason.
- OUR decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners agree that WE may use his or her name and image in OUR publicity material. Any personal data relating to an entrant shall be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation. WE will not disclose the personal data to any third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entrants are providing their information to US, as the promotor, and not to any other party.
Specific Prize Terms & Conditions:
The Private Event prize will be restricted to a Sunday morning commencing at 10:00am and concluding at 12:30pm or Monday evening commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 9:00pm on days when no other session or event is scheduled. The Private Event is an in-studio event and Our Private Party terms and conditions apply.
Winners of paintings will be invited to an open day at OUR nominated state-based studio to select a painting of their choice from OUR selection of paintings. Any winner that does not attend the open day will forfeit their prize. The date and time of the relevant open day (state-based) will be disclosed in the notification email sent to the winners on 19 April, 2022.
Colourmeinart Digital Portrait:
The winner of this prize will be put in contact with Colourmeinart. The portrait to be created is to contain no more than 3 subjects, which are to be supplied by the winner to Colourmeinart. Click here for more information about Colourmeinart.
Our Private Party Terms and Conditions
Upon securing your booking, we’ll email you a link to our Gallery of original artwork for you to choose from or we can create a unique painting specifically for you. The cost for us to create this unique painting varies depending on your needs. Contact us to discuss.
We’re open 7 days a week. We have allocated time-slots throughout each day for all private events.
Your 2.5-hr paint and sip event can be held between these time slots:
Morning Events: between 10:30am and 1pm
Afternoon Events: between 2:30pm and 5pm
Evening Events: between 6:45pm and 9:15pm
With 2hr off-site paint and sip events, there is additional flexibility with your time slot. However, the events must fall within a morning, afternoon and evening time-slot, subject to availability.
Your 2.5hr event duration is the entire time you have available to you to hold your event. It includes your arrival time, guest mingling time and your painting time. The agreement entered into with US will clearly state your Arrival Time and your Departure Time and the Duration of your event.
Subject to restrictions imposed by the relevant government, we can accommodate up to 42 people at our Darlinghurst (NSW) studio, up to 35 people at our Crows Nest (NSW) and South Melbourne (VIC) studios. We can accommodate 50+ people at our partnering venues throughout Melbourne and Sydney. Our largest event so far has been for 120 people. However, during COVID, the attendee maximum number varies depending on the Government’s restriction at the relevant time.
Call us for more information.
All our studios are wheelchair accessible but for our Crows Nest location.
It is your responsibility to provide tables and chairs at any offsite venue and to provide us with access to running water.
If you would like to arrive earlier than your Arrival Time or leave later than your Departure Time, a charge of $120 per 30 minutes applies. All additional time requests will be considered subject to availability as there may be a private event or public session before or after your event.
With the exception of June and December events, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date and time for your event.
For EOFY (throughout June) and XMAS (19 November to 21 December) events, the Applicable Minimum Spend is the value of the non-refundable deposit required to secure the date and time of your event.
Final payment must be made by not less than 14 days prior to your event date.
If you wish to reschedule your event, a rescheduling fee applies. The Reschedule Fee that applies is determined by when you give us notice, as follows:
29 days or more:
7 days or less:
25% of the deposit amount
50% of the deposit amount
50% of the Applicable Minimum Spend
75% of the Applicable Minimum Spend
If you choose to reschedule your event, all remaining monies previously paid by you will be applied to the cost of your rescheduled event.
No refund, credit or coupon voucher will be provided to you if you cancel or choose to not proceed with rescheduling your event.
WE will make every effort to deliver OUR services to you, as promised.
However, if WE are required or effectively required by the Government to close OUR studio(s) (whether it be the Federal or relevant State government, municipality or other governing body), and WE are therefore unable to run your event, WE will issue you a coupon voucher for the full value of your order or reschedule you to another date and time of your choice of equivalent value (subject to availability).
Alternatively, if WE are required or effectively required to reduce the capacity of OUR studio(s) rather than close, WE will issue a coupon voucher for the full value of your order or reschedule you to another session of your choice of equivalent value (subject to availability) for the number of guests that were to attend but for exceeding the reduced studio capacity.
‘Party’, ‘Event’, ‘Private Party’ and ‘Private Event’ are used interchangeably throughout this website. They each hold the same meaning.
If we didn’t answer your questions, please email or call us.